Linyati camp

Sep 25th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Linyati camp

For a Wilderness Safari camp in the Linyati, would you choose Duma Tau or Savuti?
Sep 25th, 2004, 12:47 PM

I don't know when you are going but in April of this year I stayed at Selinda Camp right next door to Duma Tau and the grass was so tall you couldn't see a thing. We'd had reports that this area is a wonderful spot during other periods.
Folks staying at Savuti closer to that time saw lots and didn't complain about the grass at all. They could have been a bit later by a month or two, but I think it would have been better even then. Selinda is one of the Classic Camps of Africa of which there are only three in Botswana, still nada. We loved the Selinda Spillway for the birds but although we should have seen Wild Dog and Leopard, there were none. Liz
Sep 25th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

We will be going in Sept., 2005. Friends recently stayed at Duma Tau. They felt Savuti might be closer to where they were taken on game drives.
Sep 25th, 2004, 02:49 PM

in sept, either of these two camps should be great, especially for elephants. savuti should be extremely dry so maybe i would choose duma tau but its basically a toss up.

Search this Thread