Lebanon in January

Nov 3rd, 2002, 03:51 AM
Lizzi

Lebanon in January

Hi
I will be traveling to Lebanon to visit some friends, but due to the situation in the middle east and since im from the US im a little concerned about how safe would I be and also worried about obtaining the visa in Beirut. Has anyone visit Lebanon in the resent months using a us passport?

Dec 7th, 2002, 07:41 AM
Nick

I have not been for a couple of years but I still work with people that go regularly to Lebanon. First, I really do not think you should be too concerned - do not go wearing US flags but remember lots of upper middle class Lebanese have US experience - lots of students there. At the moment Beirut hotels are very busy as lots of Arabs have redirected holidays there recently (3 years ago , occupancy rates were really low, now very high). There are a number of good quality hotels where you will be perfectly comfortable and welcome as well as lots of trendy restaurants. I suggest the Riviera Hotel on the Corniche , Circus is a good restaurant in East Beirut - super trendy, and go to Jounieh as well. I cannot imagine a visa will be an issue - unless you have an Israeli stamp in it - then you do not have much hope!

Search this Thread