Le meridian pyramids

Nov 4th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Original Poster

Le meridian pyramids

Can anyone give me their opinion on the Le Meridian Pyramid Hotel in Giza? Is the location good? Rooms? View? Food?

Thanks
Nov 6th, 2004, 09:05 PM

I don't know much about the hotel, but I will try to give you some idea about the location.

Since it is in Giza - it is close to the pyramids. Not the view that you would get from the Mena House, but it's hard to miss seeing the pyramids from anywhere in that area. The plus side of the local is the proximity to all the pyramids - the 3 at Giza plus Saqqara and Dashur. Nothing in Cairo is centrally located, but being in Giza adds another 10-15 minutes (at least) to travel time since it is on the west side of the Nile. Just something to think about.
Nov 7th, 2004, 03:17 AM

I've stayed there for 1 week in 2003. Thought is was an excellent choice, mainly for 2 reasons. The first is that it is within walking distance (10 min) from the pyramids. Second, the pool gives you the opportunity to unwind in a relaxing resort-like atmosphere (compared to the city hotels and the polluted air and noize surrounding them). You have a view on the pyramids from your lounge chair, which we enjoyed a lot.

Food and rooms ok, but not very special. Disadvantage is of course the distance to Cairo (sometimes travel time 1 hour by taxi). However: if you're staying in Cairo and want to go to the pyramids, you also need to make this trip.

It all depends on what you purpose is of your trip. If you don't mind taking a taxi to Cairo now and then and want to enjoy the pyramids this is a great hotel.

Search this Thread