Notices

Laundry in SA

Jan 18th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Original Poster

Laundry in SA

Hi,

My SA trip (3 weeks) will mostly consist of Kruger (10 days) and Kgalagadi (7 days).

I have understood that laundry washing is available in these parks but there are no dryers.

I'm now considering bringing a bit more clothes and doing the laundry in between the parks.

In between, I will pass through Makhado / Louis Trichardt, Thambazimbi and sleep at Edenvale before my flight to Upington.

Are there any coin operated laundermats (which includes coin operated dryers) in the above towns, or at least an overnight laundry which can wash and dry my clothes in 1/2 day or overnight?

Thanks,

Elad.
Jan 18th, 2007, 07:52 AM

Where in Kruger are you staying? The National Parks camps that have laundries all have dryers; I have used them. Or will you be in a private camp?

I don't know specifically whether there are laundramats in the towns you mention, but I would be surprised if there aren't; other towns have them. Sometimes though, they are not self-service in the sense that Americans use that term -- there is someone there who takes your coins and puts the laundry in the machine, takes it out and puts it in the dryer, and takes it out and folds it when it's dry. I think they will iron if necessary, too, but I assume you pay them extra for that.

Search this Thread