Latest Kenya Visa Form

Old Sep 13th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest Kenya Visa Form

I have done many searches on this both here and on other sites and can't seem to find an answer. Is there anywhere I can download the Kenya visa form so we can have it filled out before we land?
The Kenyan embassy website just has an online form that you fill out and mail in, but we don't want to mail it in (and don't really have time to as we're leaving very soon) and I can't find anywhere online that says that is the one you submit at the airport upon arrival. To make it more interesting, companies that you hire to expedite visa applications in advance provide different forms.
Anyone been to Kenya lately who can help?
Thanks in advance
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 03:17 PM

can't you print the form from the embassy site? I am pretty sure that is what i did and had it all filled out and ready for when we landed. If not you just get the form when you land.

We just got back last night and it's all very easy, do not worry about it. There is also another form to fill out that they give you on the plane, that we must have slept through and didn't have, but got one while in the process of our visa being processed.

joyce
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 04:22 AM

You easily obtain a visa when arriving at NBO!
If your profile stated where you are posting from the info would have been much more definite. ;-) Having said that I assume you are coming from a country which citizens can obtain on arrival. Just check the Embassy's website.

Happy Travels!

SV
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 05:10 AM

As Joyce above... print the form from the Kenya website and complete.
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 12:51 PM

Hi sandi

I would not print the one from the website as they do not want THAT one !!!

They will give you a blue card about 6x 8 inches and it takes less than a minute to fill out.

Don't bother getting a picture either, they don't need it.

They look at you and your passport photo and this is all !

Then pay $25.00 and your are on your way.
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 01:43 PM

Thank you Percy for supporting my experiences. In the earlier days we sent our application form incl. Photo to Berklin's Kenyan Embassy. Took 2 weeks to get the visa and cost the pics plus 15€ postage.
Since we request on arrival it's the same procedure - almost - and takes as long as with pre-arranged visa.

No Worries!

SV
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 01:56 PM

SV you are right !! Hakuna Matta !
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 02:09 PM

Are you sure that 6x8" blue card isn't the Landing Card, required of all those deplaning? Whether you already have or need to purchase Visa?

Photos are only required if applying for Visa ahead of time direct/thru an Embassy or Consular office.

As most travelers prefer not to send passports in the mail, regardless which country, and since Kenya allows visitors to purchase Visa on arrival... many choose this option.

I use the same application for all visits and let them decide what they wish to use. They haven't turned down my fee yet!
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 02:32 PM

Karibu Sana Percy

SV
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks very much -- we'll just fill out the form online and take printed copies with us.
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 05:36 PM

Hi sandi

I printed the on line copy ...filled it all out and had my 2x2 picture attached.

When I showed it to him, he wanted no part of it but instead gave me this blue card to fill out !, which I did right there and then.

When I told him this was a copy I got for a Kenya Visa on line,

He said "No,No , just fill out this."
Then I paid $25.00 and that was that.

Same thing for Tanzania when I crossed at Isebania .

So all I can say is so much for the on line copy. Maybe it has worked for other ..but not me !

About that blue card , yes , it seems like you are always filling one out ,to enter and to exit!
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 01:20 AM

There's a link to a downloadable PDF on this page www.immigration.go.ke/visa.php. This is the form I used recently.

When we flew into NBO a little over 2 weeks ago, they took both the visa form and landing card at the visa counter. Still $25 for the single entry.

Another person collected the "swine flu form" while we were in line and gave us back the tear off bottom portion.

We flew KLM and all 3 forms were also available on board.
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 01:34 AM

Sorry that one's not working, try this instead http://www.immigration.go.ke/assets/files/vsapplctn.PDF
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 04:21 AM

That V.1 (1995) form (as Patty's link above) is the one I've been using for years.

The only additional form, both Kenya & Tanzania, is a health card/form, for Swine flu (whether you have, feel ill, etc).

So for the timebeing - Landing Card, Health Card and Visa application - to be turned in to Visa agent (if you need to purchase) or the Immigration agent (if already have your Visa).
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 12:50 PM

I just wanted to jump in and back up what Sandi & Patty said - you WILL need a visa application form filled out as well as the blue card. The blue card is only to track your ins & outs of the country, (which you have to fill out every time you enter & exit) while the visa application is what gets you into the country in the first place. Everyone, even those people who don't need visas fills out the blue cards. They just happen to take them at the same time.

No pictures are necessary as they have that little camera there now that takes your picture & puts in their computer. I would imagine they scan in your visa application at some point to go with your picture, they may even do it right there at the desk, but I didn't particularliy notice.

This year, I printed out the visa application on the Canadadian embassy website (because I am Cdn) but in prior years I used the one that Patty and Sandi mentioned. There are visa application forms as well at a desk you will see just before you get to the visa counter, or at least there was this year when we went in May. They looked about the same length to fill out as the one from the website.
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 01:21 PM

I have a completed Visa form (Kenya and Tanzania) online and from year-to-year just change the dates. Print before leaving home, insert with passport and hand in to the appropriate agent. Always set to go.
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 04:29 PM

This just in from a recent returnee. See Out of Africa report.

1. The Kenya Visa is $25.00 cash US$
2.The Tanzania Visa is $50.00 cash US$
3. I down loaded and filled out the Visa forms online before I left , even had pictures, but they did not want my online Visa form and had me fill out one of "theirs" !
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Patty!
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 06:39 AM

I'd watch out with that Tanzania Visa USD$50 amount.
This amount is good for most passport holders, but NOT for US passport holders which cost is USD$100/person.

I haven't heard that the fee has been reduced!