Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Late Sept migration viewing : Mara Intrepids v. Siana Springs?

Late Sept migration viewing : Mara Intrepids v. Siana Springs?

Sep 19th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Original Poster

Late Sept migration viewing : Mara Intrepids v. Siana Springs?

I have never been on a safari (or even to Africa) and will have just two days to see the Masai Mara on Sept 25-26. Does anyone have a recommendation as to whether I should choose the Mara Intrepids or Siana Springs? The former is very expensive, but it might be the only time of my life I go on a safari or glimpse the migration, so I'm willing to go into (further) debt for the experience!! But if folks also like the Siana and/or its location, I'd opt for that one. Many thanks for any tips.
Sep 19th, 2005, 12:17 PM
sandi

Intrepids is inside the Mara Reserve near the Mara River, whereas Siana Springs is outside the Reserve and you'd be driving into the reserve for you game viewing of the herds.

If you can get the Mara Serena Lodge... it's probably the best positioned property.

Otherwise, I'd opt for Mara Intrepid's. You're visiting at the height of the season, so all prices are high. Go for it.

Sep 20th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the advice, Sandi! I will try to send a report on my trip when I get back in mid-October.

Search this Thread