baines and chiefs verus cc africa camps?

Old Oct 15th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
baines and chiefs verus cc africa camps?

i apologize for repeating this question, but i gave my previous post an title that was not clear and wonder if people did not answer because of that (dear fodors, can we please have a edit button for our own posts once they are posted?)

at the same or similar price, would you choose a six night cc africa experience or a 4 night chiefs plus baines experience?

thank you,
kerikeri
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 07:22 PM

I'd personally rather have the two extra days in Africa! My experience is limited to a few CCA camps and one Serena hotel, but I found all of them to be fantastic. So for the same price take the two extra days.
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

thank you for that.

strange though it seems, i am actually unsure whether 6 nights is "too long" to be on safari as a first timer, and that is why it isn't so clear cut.

thanks again and all input welcome!
kerikeri
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 03:01 PM
sandi

keri - If you stay only 4-nts, you'll kick yourself for not doing the additional 2-nts. And if you do 6-nts, you'll kick yourself that you didn't have more time for your safari. It's rare to hear someone say they've had too many safari days. The areas in Botswana are varied with different animal encounters and landscape environments.

Considering that you were very budget concious when you started planning this trip, I sure hope CCA is offering some really great deal, as they are not known for inexpensive properties; though prices are often lower between November 1 - December 14.

Old Oct 17th, 2004, 05:37 AM

We recently returned from the Okavango Delta, and we stayed at one of the CC Africa camps (Sandibe.) We were very impressed with the accomodations, guide, food and service. Other guests had stayed at other CC Africa camps and had similar impressions. I'd say definitely take the 6 nights at CCAfrica camps!
Old Oct 17th, 2004, 10:10 PM

When we were planning our first safari, we were trying to determine how many nights to stay - 5, 6 , 7, +...

We deicided on 7 nights. We stayed at 4 different camps. 2 camps were in one area. On the 7th day, we were ready to go. We were not ready on day 5. So by all means stay 6 days.

When you go again, you can stay much longer like the frequent fodor travelers.
Old Oct 18th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

you are all great to respond.

thanks for your input. i'll let you know how it goes!

kerikeri