Last Minute RSA Honeymoon Planning

Apr 1st, 2005, 01:52 AM
Original Poster

Last Minute RSA Honeymoon Planning

I am in the midst of planning our honeymoon in South Africa. We leave NEXT FRIDAY, so I am getting a bit worried about the lack of structure to the trip so far. We will get into Cape Town on the morning of April 9th and will fly back out on April 23rd. I have spent a lot of time reading posts here and thought it would be great to get some final advice on our trip.

To give you a quick idea as to who we are and our hopes for the trip - we are in our mid-20s, interested in active, outdoor pursuits. We are hoping for a relaxing trip, not filled with too much time in transit. However, that is not to say we dont want to take advantage of all that the area has to offer. Our budget for the trip after our international flights and time in Londolozi is ca. $4,000.

Days 1-7 (April 9th 15th) Somerset West (We will be based here as we have been given a place to stay for free.)
Activities wine tasting/vineyard tours/driving tours, Hermanus (given the time of year, will we have a shot at seeing any whales?), golf, hiking, peninsula drive

Any comments on the above activities would be appreciated ie if there are any great hikes not to be missed (we are quite active and would look forward to some full day adventures) or nature reserves that we should definitely go to. Also any input about seeing penguins, whales and sharks would be great. We know we dont want to do the cage diving but any sort of trip on a boat to see the animals might be fun. Any golf course that we shouldnt miss? Restaurants/vineyards that are top?

Given our interests, should we cut out a couple of days in Somerset West and continue down the coast and to include places such as Mossel Bay, Swellendam, Oudtshoorn, and Knysna?

Days 7-8 (April 15th 16th) Open

Days 9-12 (April 17th-20th) Travel to and from Londolozi from Cape Town

Days 12-15 (April 20th-23rd) Cape Town
Activities - hike Table Mountain, explore the city, Robben Island, township tour

Based on the fact that we prefer to be outside the city and take advantage of running on the beach (I am training for a marathon), where would be a great place to stay close to good restaurants and such? We are looking for some sort of luxury guest house here.

We will have a car the whole time, except when we are at Londolozi.

Sorry my post is so long - just too many great things to do!
Apr 1st, 2005, 02:33 AM
Original Poster

Sorry it is my first time posting! I have moved my message to the South African board.

Is it possible to delete a message after you have submitted it?

Search this Thread