Last Day in NBO

Dec 27th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Original Poster

Last Day in NBO

Hi

We will be driving form Masi Mara back to NBO and then flying out late that night o Amsterdam. I am wondering what will be the best use of our time. At first I thought dinner at Carnavores would be a good plan. But the moreI remember of that ver filling dinner I had there the last time I was in NBO (I admit that was in 1990!!!) the more I think that would not be a good idea before a long flight. But....when I last endulged in this meal it was month 5 of a 7 month overland trip in Africa and we had not had much meat at the time. I was not sick at all but very full!!!!
So I am thinking we are going to get to NBO by late lunchtime. I had thought of the Karen Blixen House. Giraffe center but after that all I can think of is Carnavores unless we get a day room at a hotel which I must admit sounds a little boring!!!

Any suggetions very very welcome

Thanks and happy travels
J
Dec 28th, 2004, 02:36 AM

Do go to the Giraffe centre in Langata. Brilliant. Can't help with specific suggestions for eating.

Posting cos I returned to NBI for the first time in almost 20 years in 1990 - on an overland truck. And I guess there aren't too many of us on this board.

Happy travels.

So all the best.
Dec 28th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Alice. As you guessed I too am an overland trucker from 1990. I still put it up there as one of the best experiences of my life. It was very right for me at that time. It helped me get into the Africa I had dreamed of as a child (bartering for everything in Zaire was and education for sure) I travelled with an amazing group of people which of course can be very hit and miss so I am very grateful. As you can gather I have some wonderful memories of Africa. A very different experience to a 3 week trip dedicated to safari I know but I am so exited about this also!

Happy travels.

J

Search this Thread