KZN Wildlife accomodations

Aug 26th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

KZN Wildlife accomodations

I'm looking at the HLUHLUWE camp accomodations on the KZN site. What is the difference between a chalet and a rest hut?
Aug 26th, 2005, 03:12 PM

I'm actually studying the same thing, and as best I can tell, you get private bathroom with the chalet, and shared ablutions in the rest hut. Also, not all the chalets allow self-catering (I think 20 of the 27 do not have cooking facilities).
Aug 27th, 2005, 02:00 AM

tandme2
I had such a hard time with some of this when booking our trip last year, especially given all the terms used: bungalows, cabins, chalets, cottages, huts, rondavels, safari tents and most of these with either private or shared catering facilities and private or shared ablution facilities!

I was able to work out most differences using various websites but did end up writing for clarification to the KZN reservations team (and the Addo/ Kruger people too) on a few options!

This page gives information for SANPARKS accommodation:

http://www.sanparks.org/tourism/accommodation/

KZN haven't got a comparable page but I think they do generally use similar names for accommodation types.

PS our chalet in Addo had both a bathroom and a decent kitchen inside as well as bbq area outside. Same for the chalet in Berg-en-Dal (Kruger).

Our rondavel at Olifants was slightly smaller and the kitchenette was on the verandah, with a BBQ area just outside also.

At Mpila we opted for a safari tent for 2 people which also had a private kitchenette and bathroom.

Search this Thread