Search

Kwetsani, Little Vumbura or Nxabega?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2008, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kwetsani, Little Vumbura or Nxabega?

Hi folks
We are close to finalizing with 3n Lintanti Bush Camp, 3n Savute Under Canvas and finishing (oct 31-nov2) with 3n Baines. However, we have been told that Baines may not have water at this time (is this true?) so we are trying to see if we can squeeze in 2n at one of the above camps. If we can, I would love help with recommendations. Game wise are they all about the same? Water activities similar? Are any of the camps unique in a way that would compliment what we have?

Any insights appreciated on this!

thanks again,
nj
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 07:59 PM

Hi Nancie,

Little Vumbura is the camp I would recommend. It has water year-round and the game in the Vumbura area is consistently good too.

LVum has lovely accommodation, is situated on a little island (you boat to / from the camp), there is a good chance of cheetah, lion, sable antelope, very good birding and it offers a very large game drive area.

The water activities are excellent, with mokoros, small motor boats, and fishing too.

Hope you can get space.

James
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 04:23 PM

Having only been to Vumbura of the 3, that's what I'd recommend for the reasons given by jweis. Have a wonderful trip.
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 04:53 PM

A third vote for Vumbura. The game is definitely more widespread and diverse than Kwetsani. Kwetsani's a great camp, though, with rooms giving great views of the gorgeous plains, and a little more down to earth atmosphere than Vumbura, which had a bit too many Americans for my taste. Vumbura rooms are highly luxurious. Food similar at both, as it is at all Wilderness camps. Haven't been to Nxabega.
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 06:22 AM

We also stayed at Little Vumbura this past June.

We liked it very much and the rooms are beautiful and the game sightings were good.

I think you will enjoy

Old Aug 10th, 2008, 06:51 AM

We haven't been to Little Vumbura since 2001. I think the camp itself is in the same location though the accommodation has probably been upgraded since our visit. But we thought the camp was just lovely. We really loved the water activities. And the local staff at the camp were particularly warm and friendly.

I would also recommend Jacana Camp, though I'd check, of course, whether they are still a water camp at this time of year. This was such a magical camp, so intimate, so friendly, so beautiful. We could have stayed a week and not got bored.
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 06:51 AM

PS We visited Jacana in 2004.