kwetsani camp

Mar 20th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

kwetsani camp

My fiancee and I are heading to Botswana for a three-day safari in August. We were booked for Little Vembura then got bumped to Kwetsani Camp. Has anyone stayed at Kwetsani? Is there much difference b/t the two? Should we look into booking a different camp?

Also, with the massive flooding that has plagued the region this year, can we expect to see much big game? I know Kwetsani is considered a "water camp." Does that mean we'll spend most of our time doing water activities? We'd rather see lions and elephants than exotic birds.
Mar 20th, 2004, 12:41 PM

You got bumped?
That doesn't sound fair?
What kind of booking did you have? Had your agent not confirmed it?

I have been to Little Vumbura and loved it. On my 2nd trip I have chosen Jacana as the water camp of the itinerary.

My top 3 when researching were a return to LV, a stay in Jacana or a stay in Xigera.

Kwetsani looks nice and is similarly small and does offer water activities so I am sure it would also be a wonderful experience.
Mar 20th, 2004, 12:41 PM

PS LV is also a water camp in essence though you can do game drives from there too, these can be better in other camps.
Mar 20th, 2004, 12:59 PM

Well it won't be fast enough to help you, but I'll be at Kwetsani in early June. I've been to Vumbura and highly recommend it. I even considered returning there again, but just decided to see a new area on this trip. When I looked at all of the Wilderness Camps, Kwetsani sounded the most similar to Vumbura, so I decided to go with it for this trip. (Xigera is supposed to be really nice, but more water oriented that either Kwetsani or Vumbura. I'm going with a friend who has never been to Africa before, so I wanted to make sure he gets his fill of game drives...hence our choice of Kwetsani.)
By the way, "water camp" just means they have water year round. You will have a choice each day of a game drive, mekoro or outboard boat activity.

I also wonder what the affect of the high floods this year will be...or when they will reach this part of the Okavango. It should mean that the game is concentrated in a smaller land area, therefore great viewing if you are in the right area...I'm just hoping Kwetsani is the right area!

Search this Thread