Kwara camp

Mar 28th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Original Poster

Kwara camp

Roccco, I hope I didn't mislead you about Kwara camp. It is not a purely a water camp, but one which incorporates game drives featuring as many animals as I have seen in all of the other camps in Botswana combined with boat trips into the Delta as well. These include hundreds of elephants, Giraffe, Lion prides often numbering 20 to 25 members, wild dog and leopards. We also saw lion hunts, lion kills, and numerous species native to the area. Plus the seclusion of the camp made us feel like the only people in africa at the time. I'm not pumping this place, but I want to leave an accurate impression of what it is. In any case enjoy your trip.
Mar 28th, 2004, 05:10 PM

B_Eames,

Thanks for the clarification. I was aware that it was not solely a water camp but I wasn't sure how the land based game viewing was, until now.

It does look like a great place and unless I come into some major disposable income, I do think that I will include Kwando Kwara, along with Kwando Lagoon, and perhaps Savuti in my Botswanan itinerary for next year.

After a successful 30K yesterday, I am back on track for a marathon prior to going to Italy/Zambia, and then hopefully on track for a run at Comrades in Durban, South Africa next year. With a nasty day in Los Angeles of 90 degrees farenheit toay, I am not so hesitant on visiting Botswana anymore when it is at its coolest in late June.

With all the talk of hunting/poaching lately, I really do not want to waste anytime before visiting Africa as much as possible now, before it is merely a memory.

Thanks again for the info about Kwara. Would you say that three nights would be sufficient?
Mar 29th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

Yes.
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:57 PM

Thanks...I can hardly wait to see Botswana and experience it with Kwando. Don't think that I didn't secretly wish to find out that my Zambian tour operators were engaged in hunting activities on the side so that I could justify a switch to Kwando and Botswana!

Search this Thread