Anyone been to Turunc, Turkey?

Old Mar 16th, 1998, 08:53 AM
Sonia Hanson

Anyone been to Turunc, Turkey?

Hi. Has anyone been to Turunc in Turkey and if so can you recommend any places to eat, places
to visit etc. Thanks Sonia

Old Mar 17th, 1998, 07:24 AM
Arizona

We have been to many parts of Turkey, but we cannot find Turunc in our guidebooks. Would you tell us just where it is? Perhaps then we can help you.

Old Mar 17th, 1998, 07:39 AM
Sonia Hanson

Hi, apparently Turunc is near Marmaris and
Icmeler. I've not been to Turkey so this doesn't
mean a lot to me! Thanks, Sonia

Old Mar 17th, 1998, 12:28 PM
Arizona

An earthly paradise, with pine groves lining a rocky shore, small coves with golden beaches, crystal waters ideal for snorkeling. Reached by heading south along the coast from Marmaris. See page 400 of Baedeker's "Turkey" -- should be marvelous beyond words. You may run into people taking a coast cruise in small sailing vessels. Otherwise, you will avoid the crowds of Bodrum. Summer weather is ideal there. Warm days, cool nights. How we envy you!

Old May 17th, 1998, 12:15 AM
peter spratley

We (family)stayed there last summer.Our first turkish experience.It is a small costal village ,pleasant,quiet, mainly bars & restaurants some shops but limited in choice of activity,The area has grown from a small cove with jettys to accommodate tourists.
The sea is marvellous and many small coves can be reached easily by the local dolmus(waterbus)
the local roads are mile after mile of hairpin bends through the hills.wonderful scenery.
Nearest major town is Marmaris,(road & sea)very good traditional market but elsewhere a "med resort"
Macdonald & burger king rules.