Kruger Tours from Jo'burg

Dec 19th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Kruger Tours from Jo'burg

I'm traveling solo to South Africa for the first time in March, and am looking for a relatively inexpensive 2-3 day tour of Kruger from Johannesburg. Any recommendations on reputable tours that can be arranged from the US? Many thanks.
Dec 20th, 2005, 05:21 AM

Do you want to do the arrangements from the US because of time constraints, or just to have it booked before you go? The reason I ask is that it will probably be less expensive if you can wait and book after you get to South Africa.
Dec 20th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

Primarily to have it booked before I go. But you make a good point: It'll probably be cheaper once I'm there. If you (or anyone else) has thoughts on good tours/tour guides, send 'em along. Thanks.
Dec 20th, 2005, 08:05 AM

An option that affords much more flexibility is to fly roundtrip from Johannesburg to Kruger (I can't recall the airport) and rent a car (2WD is fine for Kruger), and visit yourself -- Kruger is designed for self-drive visits and you can go at your own pace, stop when you want, etc. Its very, very easy to spot animals in Kruger. And the restcamps are excellent. Check out http://www.sanparks.org/ -- it has all the info you need to reserve lodging in Kruger.
Dec 22nd, 2005, 08:39 AM

We used a company called outlook. They were very good. On time, very knowledgeable of the wildlife, good food. It was an amazing tour. My wife and I thought the tour was worth every penny. Their info is at www.outlook.co.za.

Search this Thread