Kruger safaris-Mala Mala vs.Singita

Mar 22nd, 2001, 07:19 AM
Susan

Kruger safaris-Mala Mala vs.Singita

We just returned from our 2nd trip to South Africa and thought it might be helpful to some to post some views. On our previous trip my husband and I visited Cape Town, Sun City and Singita, a private game reserve in Kruger (Sabi Sand Reserve). On this trip we took along our 2 sons (13 & 14) and went to Sun City again and Mala Mala (We couldn't get into Singita or we would have returned there). We again stayed at the Palace in Sun City and found it to be as beautiful as before. The boys loved hiking thru all of the jungle trails there. We spent a lot of time exploring all the trails. We also visited the Lion Sanctuary and the Crocodile "place". Both were good.
We all enjoyed our game drives (safaris) at Mala Mala and had a very good game viewing experience. However, the accomodations didn't hold a candle to Singita. And our game drives were longer at Singita. We found the quality of the drives and our rangers to be about equal. Both were great. Anyone wanting to know more details can just e-mail me.

Mar 22nd, 2001, 07:59 AM
Lisa

Hi Susan,
I had heard that Mala Mala had redone Harry's Huts. I wonder how much of an improvement there is. Which camp did you stay in?

Apr 9th, 2001, 06:33 AM
Susan

We stayed at Main Camp at Mala Mala. We too were curious about Harry's Camp but we weren't able to find anyone who had stayed there. Sorry I don't know. Susan

Search this Thread