Kruger Park and Sun City in November questions?

Jan 5th, 2001, 04:11 PM
val

Kruger Park and Sun City in November questions?

Hi!
We are now planning our trip to South Africa and need help.
What tour companies can you recommend for tours?
Has anyone gone to these places this time of year?If so can you please tell us the weather and if you saw lots of animals.Some one said some tours do not go that time of year as there is less chance to see animals.Was this true if you went in November?
Also what hotels would you recommend at SUn City?
What airlines has the cheapest fares to South Africa from the west coast USA or Canada?
Thanks for any and all replies.

Jan 8th, 2001, 01:23 AM
noelle van der waag

hi val

The kruger Park is open all year and it is business as usual. It is true that it is more difficult to spot the animals in summer as the bush is thicker, however, it is also more beautiful. I would suggest you book your drives with Thompsons tours and go out in their open top landrovers with a guide. Try their site at www.thompsons.co.za. You can also do bush walks, bush breakffasts etc. They will organise it for you.

At Sun City their is a range of accomadation to suite your packet starting with the cabanas at the bottom end - they are fine but quite small but fully equipped with bathroom, tv etc. and then the lost city is the most expesnive. Ask your travel agents for rates or do a search for Sun International resorts on the net.

Airline fees will vary depending on wether you wish to fly directly from N. America to Africa or via Europe. The latter is usually cheaper.

Good luck

Noelle

Jan 8th, 2001, 01:56 AM
Riche

Hi Val
I would like to reciommend my own website www.tourism.to
or
www.africa.tourism.to
I am South African and I have a lot of information and detail for you if you write to me. Look up my website ( I am a tour operator in Africa)and write back
Best wishes
Riche

Feb 10th, 2001, 04:30 AM
EDWIN GILHAM

November can be a HOT month - but it's not as hot as DEcember of January. The last time I was at Shingwedzi in November the temp reached 42 degrees, three days later it was down to 24 due to rainstorms.
The hot months are the best to see the migratory birds from the North - if you'r a birder then that in itself is a reason to go.

Search this Thread