Reload this Page >

Transport from Jo'burg to Sun City?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:36 PM
Wendy

Does anyone know if there is regular transport available from the airport in Jo'burg to Sun City? Any ideas on costs or who to contact?<BR><BR>Thank you.<BR><BR>

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:55 PM
x

I'd be very surprised if there's not a dozen companies offering transport - suggest you hop on internet and do some research - this is a very easy question.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 01:45 PM
Wendy

I have done a search on the internet and all I can come up with are packages to Sun City. We are just looking for some sort of transport. I am also looking at the Greyhound website which isn't working right now but any other ideas would be welcome. <BR><BR>Thanks.<BR>

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 02:34 PM
Lisa

Wendy, I have taken a bus which runs from various pick-up points in Johannesburg and I would be pretty sure that they had a service from the airport too. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the name of the service. the cost was quite reasonable and you could vouchers for gambling. but you are right, there is not much info on the internet. Are there any Fodorites in South Africa who can check into this for Wendy?

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 07:47 AM
x

Wendy, email Beverley Ascielei at [email protected] and enquire - she's a good sort, and would probably check for you. She's in Cape Town, but knows the J'Burg area very well.<BR><BR>Your hotel in Sun City ought to be able to help you.<BR><BR>I'll take a look on internet and post if I find something.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 07:57 AM
x

Wendy, many hotels provide transp. to Sun City - have you checked with yours?<BR><BR>Also: www.airports.co.za --- www.satravelchain.com --- and many other possibilities, if you access google and seach on J'burg airport sun city transportation.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Selwyn Davidowitz

Hello Wendy,<BR><BR>The company that does all the bus transfers to Sun City from the airport and vice versa is Welcome Tours. To find out more about the transfers they offer please go to http://www.anaesthetist.com/sasa99/travel.htm Note there is not an email address on the web page but there is a contact telephone number. Welcome Tours offer a high quality service however if I had the choice I would fly to Sun City directly (40 minute flight) as opposed to doing the 2 hour + car journey<BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR><BR>Selwyn Davidowitz<BR><BR>

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 10:53 AM
NurseSkip

In researching my upcoming January trip to South Africa, I asked this very same question. We're staying at Bakubang Game Lodge in Pilanesberg for a couple of days, and needed to get there from Jo'burg.<BR><BR>There's a company called Magic Bus, which, in addition to Jo'burg Airport to hotel shuttles, runs hi frequency shuttles from Jo'burg Airport to Sun City. I believe the website address is: www.magicbus.co.za<BR><BR>BTW, if following Selwyn's always excellent advice, I would book early for a flight from Jo'burg (JNB) to Sun City (NTY) -- I tried booking the once-daily (!) flight on SA Airlink 4 months in advance, and it was already sold out. They use a small 30-40 seater plane, and it books up fast.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Karen

I recently drove that highway from Jo'burg to Sun City. I absolutely do not recommend it. And as you are thinking of taking a bus - it is not particularly scenic right now if it ever is. There is construction that stops and starts all over the place and is one diversion (detour) after another. For the drive yourself types - It is not at all as it appears on the maps that are out right now. A complete nightmare! It is not even an easy highway to find and you can get lost just trying to find it. I agree (as I always do!) with Selwyn. Fly! And like always - Book Early.