Krueger

Jan 29th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Original Poster

Krueger

I have a 3-4 day window in May/06 to go Johannesburg to Krueger.Any tour companies or accommodations you would recommend.Would like moderate lodgings, no camping. What is the best part of Krueger to see the big 5?
Jan 29th, 2006, 05:46 PM

Kristy,

I would recommend that you visit the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which enjoys an unfenced border with Kruger National Park, allowing the animals to roam freely but does not allow day visitors who are not staying in one of the Sabi Sand lodges, making for a very exclusive safari.

Although there are many very expensive lodges, there are also some moderately priced lodges such as Chitwa Chitwa, Inyati, Exeter Kirkmans Camp and Mala Mala. Each of these camps may be had for less than $500 per night, with Mala Mala on the high end and Chitwa Chitwa on the low end at $350 pp per night sharing or less.

If you wanted to splurge, Simbambili in the Sabi Sand is excellent, and although it would be slightly more expensive (less than 10% more) than Mala Mala, it would be far more luxurious (although Mala Mala would likely have an edge on gameviewing).

Feel free to take a look at my photo album with many of the photos taken during my 3 night stay at Simbambili:

www.kodakgallery.com/rocco/2005_favorites

(Disclaimer...I am in "the industry" so will not endorse any tour operators)

You should move quickly, as May is right around the corner. Good luck.

Search this Thread