kleins camp

Feb 17th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

kleins camp

I'm planning on staying in Kleins camp in the serengeti tanzania in mid- december can anyone give me feedback especially about temperature, since no fans in rooms.
Feb 17th, 2006, 10:09 AM

Hi tetons, serengeti should be quite pleasant, i was there in nov 2005 and the weather was not too cold or hot. I think the timing is good as you will catch the migration from mara into serengeti. Try to also stay around central serengeti for a few days.
Feb 17th, 2006, 11:52 AM
sandi

Unless there is an unforseen heatwave, surprisingly, the mid-day temps are quite comfortable. Since you are most of the midday on game drives or relaxing outdoors, by evening the temps drop to the high-50s or low 60s - quite comfortable and ideal for sleeping. Mornings will also be cool, so you dress in layers and peel off; relayer towards the end of the day.

Because mornings and evenings will be cooler and very comfortable for sleeping. And since you are out most of the mid-day on game drives, by evening the temps have cooled and ideal for sleep.

From first look it appears that the wide open plains and surrounding areas are at sea-level or even in a valley. Surprisingly, many of the properties are at higher altitude - some 3,000' to 5,000' (not as high at at the Crater though). The higher the altitute, the cooler and more comfortable.

Search this Thread