Kilimanjaro Climb Team Still Forming!

Jul 24th, 2001, 12:04 PM
Laurel Colton

Kilimanjaro Climb Team Still Forming!

Want to travel to Tanzania and climb Mt. Kilimanjaro for FREE ? -- You can!
AND you'll be helping a lot of people in the process.

KILI CLIMB FOR A CURE 2002

Greetings, fellow travelers and trekkers!

I do volunteer work to raise money for muscular dystrophy research because my mother has a form of muscular dystrophy (MD) which is gradually taking her ability to walk. In July 2002, I will be climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, East Africa, to raise awareness and money for MD research, and to honor people like my mother who struggle daily with devastating neuromuscular diseases such as MD.

I am seeking 10-15 climbers/hikers to join our team for this special event to raise money (through sponsorship) for MD research. This search ends in August 2001 and space is filling up. So, if you know someone with MD and would like to climb Kili on their behalf to help find a cure for the disease, or if you would like the chance to combine your love of climbing/hiking with the opportunity to do something truly beneficial for others, please consider joining our climb team. This is a terrific opportunity to help others while climbing one of the great mountains of the world.

Although the climb itself is nearly one year away, it takes many months to plan for this sort of event and to raise the necessary sponsorship for MD research. So, please contact me immediately if you are interested in becoming a part the team. For more climb information, please refer to the details below. My contact information is provided there as well.

THANK YOU!

Laurel Colton, Climber and Volunteer Coordinator
Pasadena, CA USA

----------------

"KILI CLIMB FOR A CURE" 2002 -- Climb Team Forming Now!

Climb Africa’s Highest Peak, Mt. Kilimanjaro, and Fight Muscular Dystrophy from over 19,000 ft. !

Event: Trekking fundraiser for muscular dystrophy (MD) research.

Date: July 2002.

Climb Duration: 6 days (5 nights).

Meeting Place: Moshi, Tanzania.

Sponsorship: Trekkers will secure monetary donations from sponsors. The program will strive to increase awareness of MD and the need for continued research. Donations are income-tax deductible and will fund research on a cure for muscular dystrophy.

Climb Costs: Covered by underwriters and portion of sponsorship, including air fare, costs of guides, porters, cook, park gate fees, mountain rescue fees, local transfer to & from route, hut/camping fees on climb, all meals during climb, celebration dinner, and certificate of completion.

Information/Contact: Laurel Colton -- [email protected]; 1210 Doremus Rd., Pasadena, CA 91105; (323) 256-8406.

Search this Thread