Kilimanjaro

Jul 22nd, 2003, 12:22 AM
Original Poster

Kilimanjaro

Hi

I'm planning a trip to Tanzania later this year and the goal is to try to reach the top of Kilimanjaro The plan so far is to go from Norway via Amsterdam to Nairobi and take the bus from there to Moshi. We have looked at different tour companies and it looks like Zara Tanzanian Adventures(http://www.zaratravel.com/) is the best option so far. I would love to hear from people with experience when it comes to getting from Nairobi to Moshi in Tanzania, the Springlands Hotel where we plan to stay, walking the Machame route, the tour guides Zara Tanzanian Adventures ) and so on.

Regards
Gard
Stavanger, Norway
www.gardkarlsen.com
Jul 22nd, 2003, 10:14 AM

Dear Gard,

I'm heading to Tanzania and hoping to reach the top of Kili with Zara Travel middle of next month. So far, Zara has been very responsive to my requests and last minute changes. I hope that everything works well with them because I'm going on a short safari after Kili with Zara and booked my hotels in Zanzibar with them. I can tell you more when I get back in September.

Happy Planning,
Casey
Jul 22nd, 2003, 10:20 PM
Original Poster

Hi

Yes, it would be great if you can get in touch when you are back so that I can get some idea of what to expect Have a great trip

regards
Gard
Stavanger, Norway
www.gardkarlsen.com
Sep 3rd, 2003, 06:08 AM

Hi Gard,

I got back last friday from my Tanzania trip, and as promised, here's my feedback on Zara travel. I used Zara for my Kili climb, safari, and transportation to Zanzibar. Zara is huge and well-respected in TNZ. I'll write a separate post on this.

Springlands Hotel is good - it has a lot of conveniences that you won't find in other hotels. It's like a compound -with a security gate and barriers. It's on a dirt road off of central Moshi town, but it's easy for the reception to arrange transportation into Moshi or elsewhere. The hotel has internet which is slow but it's available on site. The food (b,l,d) are all buffet style. You can buy water, beer, and soft drinks. There's a courtyard with tables and chairs where you can get drinks and hang out. Try not to get rooms near the reception office. We had a ground floor room outside the office - and it was loud. I felt very safe at Springlands hotel, and it had all the amenities I was used to. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Write more later...
Casey

Search this Thread