Phoning from Egypt to USA

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 07:19 PM
Mike

Phoning from Egypt to USA

Can anyone give me any idea how it is to call home to the United States from Egypt. I have heard it can be very expensive.

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 11:29 PM
Min

Try to buy a tel. card from tel. center, they sell 15, 20, 30 pound, not sure how many min. you can call from Egypt to USA. Also you can buy other company tel. card from phamacy shop, but may be a bit expensive than buy from tel.center.

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 04:56 AM
gail

I phoned Boston from Cairo from hotel "phone center". I am sure it was not the cheapest way to make the call, but I just wanted to check in and the call was only going to be less than 5 minutes. I told the operator (in person) the number I wanted to call, gave her about $10, and she made the connection. The first try, the connection was poor, so she tried again and it was OK, but not great. It was fine for a call to check on family, pets and house, but I am sure there are better ways.

Old Jul 14th, 2001, 10:15 AM
Kitty

try Ekno Lonely Plante. www.lonelyplanet.com or www.ekno.com <BR>You deposit $20 with them via credit card, and print the directory. I have used it all over the world and find that their rates are the cheapest, like .14 from NZ or Australia to the USA. It is very easy to use. Each region has a central number to call into, type in your personal number and pin, they connect you to the usa and you punch in your numbers and the cost is deducted from your $20. I never travel with it. They also have free voice mail so you can leave messages and retrive them. Best method I have found and highly recommend them <BR>

Old Jul 14th, 2001, 10:16 AM
Kitty

meant to say I never travel WITHOUT IT.