KICHWA TEMBO tented camp

Jun 2nd, 2005, 03:37 PM
Original Poster

KICHWA TEMBO tented camp

I have a chance to stay at the Kichwa Tembo tented camp for 3 days at the end of June and I am wondering if anyone can offer their experiences and thoughts.
I have a 5 day Ngorongoro/Serengeti trip put together in mid-June and was thinking of adding on the Kichwa Tembo experience.
Jun 2nd, 2005, 04:40 PM

No personal experience in Kichwa Tembo, but understand it has a good reputation.

Adding the Mara to your crater/Serengeti trip at the end of June is a great opportunity to maximize wildlife viewing.

That part of the Mara is a good choice of locations--less people traffic.
Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:57 AM

Eljay,
It's been awhile since I've stayed at Kichwa Tembo camp (9 yrs ago); However, this is my favorite game reserve in Kenya. The facilities are top noched with a very accommodating staff. There's also a swimming pool that you can relax by after a game drive! The tents are large with a nice size bathroom and the food is wonderful. I would like to return one day, but there's just too many places to visit. I'm taking off this Sunday for Zambia....can't wait!
Jun 14th, 2005, 09:51 AM

I stayed a Kichwa Tembo last year for 3 days and was quite impressed. They have semi-permanent tents, a nice restaurant eating area, a pool, and nicely manicured grounds. The food there was fantastic. The game rides were spectacular - our guide was very experienced and knowledgeable. At night they had some local Masai come for a cultural show and exhibition. There were a couple of friendly warthogs that roamed the campus. I'd definitely recommend this camp.

Search this Thread