Ramadan

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 08:16 PM
Bill

Ramadan

Can someone tell me when Ramadan will begin this year? Thanks.

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 06:24 AM
Cheryl

It should start the weekend of November 16th. The exact date won't be known until the day before.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 04:12 AM
Gerry K

Bill, <BR> <BR>I logged on to pose the exact same <BR>question. (I'm planning a trip to <BR>Morocco for November.) Do you, or <BR>does anyone for that matter, know how <BR>Ramadan would affect a visitor to <BR>Morocco?

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 05:38 AM
Ursula

Gerry hi! Ramadan is quite observed in Morocco. However, depending on the places you will stay, you will not really notice it that much. Waiters might be a little slower... <BR>Be sure to observe clothing rules and try not to offend people by whatsoever. In the High Atlas (if you should go there), do not be surprised if you don't feel that welcomed. You can meet a lot of friendliness, but be prepared to be stared at, too. <BR>PS: Still thinking about Valtur (that was you, wasn't it?)

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 07:28 AM
Gerry K

Yes, Ursula, that was me. <BR> <BR>And I am still considering <BR>Valtur to Morocco. Perhaps for <BR>early November. <BR> <BR>Cheers, <BR> <BR>Gerry K

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 07:50 AM
Ursula

Gerry: What place will you go to in November? I suppose Agadir is best if you want to enjoy some beach life in November. I was there years ago in February. Nice during the day, cooler at night. Stayed at Club Med and it was very upscale. A lot of French, but also people from all over Europe (mostly). Was nice for tennis and golf (and also horse riding). PS: Valtur has a website (www.valtour.com)? and Club Med too (www.clubmed.com) Check them out.

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 07:13 AM
Gerry K

Hi, Ursula, <BR> <BR>I sent you a lengthy e-mail <BR>(foolish boy that I am) thinking <BR>the address given was a real one. <BR>Oh, well. <BR> <BR>I am considering a Valtur "Combo" <BR>stay -- three nights Agadir; three <BR>nights Marrakech -- for early Nov. <BR>I believe Club Med might be a bit <BR>too much for me with all the activities. <BR>I picked up a children's book on <BR>Morocco yesterday at the library and <BR>it was quite informative and intriguing, <BR>so we shall see. <BR> <BR>Thanks for the help. <BR> <BR>Gerry K <BR>

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 08:13 AM
Ursula

Gerry hi! Good combination Agadir and Marrakech - so different! You will love it!!

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 01:36 AM
Ursula

Gerry: I found a good webpage for general info about Morocco which is definitely a country, one should be a bit prepared for: <BR> <BR>www.mincom.gov.ma <BR> <BR>Just click on "Welcome to Morocco" and a lot of interesting info and good links show up. <BR>Enjoy! Best regards.