Kgalagadi --> Bwanamitch

Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Kgalagadi --> Bwanamitch

I am answering your question re Kgalagadi in a separate post because I don't want to hijack Kavey's post and I'm hoping to receive some feedback on Kglalagadi.

I believe you are asking about the Botswana siDe, not siTe, but I could be mistaken, but I only intend to visit the South African side since that, as I understand it, is the only side that can be visited in a 2WD car instead of a 4WD.

If you are asking about siTes, then I used http://www.sanparks.org/ which has the best info about Kgalagadi, including a separate forum.

We'll be staying one night at each of Twee Rivieren, Nossob and Kalahari Tent Camp, working counterclockwise through the park.

Do you have any info on the park.

The other consideration was to visit Deception Valley Lodge, but we rejected that when I learned that they do not drive into the Central Kalahari, but only on their private property north of the park.

Thanks,

Michael
Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:47 AM
bwanamitch

Michael,

Sorry, I meant siDe. I already know about some 4x4 trails on the Botswanean side, and if I look at Veronica Roodt's map, there's a photo/hunting lodge in the bordering wilderness area. I'm still waiting for more options.

Btw, what about a stay at a leading mongoose scientist:
http://www.kalahari-trails.co.za/

Mitch

Aug 2nd, 2005, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the link, but at least on my computer, that site is very difficult to navigate (I can't locate the rightside bar that allows the viewer to scroll down).

I'm very excited about Kgalagadi but its not easy to find info. There are some great photos of the park on the SANP website.

Search this Thread