Kgalagadi

Jun 27th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

Kgalagadi

Does anyone have info on this park? I've been to most of the more familiar national parks, and am looking for something different next year, and Kgalagadi seems like an easy park to visit, but there's not much info. It seems like a self-drive park, like Etosha and Kruger. Any info would be welcome. Thanks, Michael
Jun 28th, 2005, 12:39 AM

The home page for Kgalagadi is at http://www.sanparks.org/parks/kgalagadi/.

Kgalagadi is a bit of an acquired taste since it's a desert park, dry and dusty.But is that type of scenery and wildlife appeals to you, it's a great experience.

The road leading up to the park is a fairly bad, rutted dirt road. Make sure you stay at the entrance camp (Tweerivieren) on your first night, because having to drive another 90km at 40km/h is not fun. There's been some expansion at existing camps and a fairly new camp has been established, so facilities are excellent. You can rough it a bit more by crossing over into the Botswana part of the reserve from Twee Rivieren, and perhaps from Nossob as well, although I'm not 100% sure of that.

It's well worth a visit.
Jun 29th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. The website you referenced is the one that piqued my interest in visiting the park, and I'll likey spend one night at each of the three camps doing a large loop through the park.

Search this Thread