Search

La Mamounia or Amanjena???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 02:42 PM
Dawn

La Mamounia or Amanjena???

Hi there! We are considering a trip this fall - October or early November to Morocco-for the first time - Looking for a wonderful Hotel with great service and luxury - would love feedback on La Mamounia or Amanjena- new aman resort - any recommendations would be great - also how is the weather that time of the year. Traveling from NY - any experience with Royal Air Maroc Airlines? <BR>Thanks for the feedback!!!

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 04:23 PM
elvira

I have no experience with either hotel you mentioned (we stayed in tourist-class hotels), but we did fly Royal AirMaroc to/from Morocco and found it to be on a par with any major airline. The flight attendants were efficient and helpful; our planes were very clean and appeared to have new interiors; the food was good; the airline has an excellent safety record (I checked that out before booking!); the flights were on time. What we found very interesting was the inflight movie when we left Casablanca. The actresses cleavages and legs were blacked out, the film was heavily edited (bleeps and cuts) UNTIL we left Moroccan airspace, then the film was uncensored. <BR> <BR>We loved Morocco (we were there for the first two weeks in October) and want to visit again. <BR> <BR>Friends stayed at Palmerie Golf Palace (we took a tour of it - quite spectacular) and raved about it. <BR>http://www.pgp.co.ma/ <BR>

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 05:07 AM
karen

Although I have yet to stay there, I would recommend the Aman resort. We stayed at La Mamounia a few years back and it was wonderful, but didn't quite live up to expectations (the service was so-so). I would stay at the Amanjena which will probably provide a heavenly place with fantastic service, but then go to La Mamounia for tea - it really is a beautiful hotel to walk around, and especially the park, and you'll get the flavor of that legendary place while being able to stay in even more luxury elsewhere.