Reload this Page >

Riding elephans & bungee jumping

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:37 AM
Cindy

Can you give me any information on bungee jumping and riding elephants (or anything else) as an experience

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 10:13 AM
Lisa waverley

I presume you are talking about Vic Falls? If so, then I iwll find the info on the eleohant riding we did

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 02:08 AM
Karen

Hi Cindy,<BR>You are in the Africa and middle east forum and that takes in a huge, gigantic area. Where specifically was it you were asking about?<BR>I don't know about bungee jumping - Lisa mentioned Vic Falls and I know they have some on the Zambia side of the border at Livingstone. In South Africa I know they do wildlife safaris on elephant back at Kapama Game Lodge. It's not far from Kruger National Park. I would redo your question with the area you want to see mentioned as I am sure there are lots of fodorites who know about both these activities but would need to know where.<BR>Karen

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 03:51 AM
kavey

My sister did the bungee jump off the bridge at Vic Falls - she showed us the video of this when she got home and just watching the video was terrifying! She loved it!<BR><BR>She also did white water rafting on the Zambezi - the rapids were rated as pretty forceful - I can't recall the number - and the video of this event shows the dinghy thing leaping up into the air - everyone tumbling out - on more than one occasion. She loved this too.<BR><BR>I don't recall that she did elephant riding on her Africa trip but I know she did enjoy this on a trip to Nepal some years back.<BR><BR>Does this help at all?<BR><BR>Kavey

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 04:40 AM
Rich

There are 2 fantastic bungee jumps in South Africa. One is off the old Gouritz River bridge about an hour after mossell bay on the N2 highway between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth. The other one is about 30mins drive after Plettenberg Bay on the same road at Bloukrantz. Plettenberg bay is about 6 hours drive from Cape Town. The 1st is about 80metres, the second is a whopping 216 metres - the highest in the world. http://www.faceadrenalin.com/

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 08:43 AM
Cindy

I will be in the South Africa area. In Cape Town and not sure where I will be going for Safari.