Kenya this Nov-Dec - help in narrowing it down

Old Aug 13th, 2022, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenya this Nov-Dec - help in narrowing it down

Thanks to all for responding to my earlier thread on Uganda trip extension. As I mentioned there we have committed to a 10 day trip to Uganda focusing on gorillas, chimps, birds and mammals. We plan to do not more than 10 days more on EITHER side of Uganda. We’re talking to several Safari planners to get quotes/ideas. We are deep into the planning as time is getting close! At the moment we are thinking Samburu, Sweetwater, Lake Nakuru, and Maasai Mara. Generally we are mid range travelers. We don’t need the fanciest digs/food/amenities, but like the sound of the conservancies for lesser crowds. At same time trying not to spend more than 10k on Kenya for both of us and hopefully less in low season. This is our first and likely only trip to Africa, but we’ve lots of self planned trips (often focused on nature) over the last decade or so.

looking for input on possibility of doing conservancies vs reserves in Nov/Dec on our budget. Too many locations for 10 days? Weather difference mid Nov vs early to mid Dec at locations mentioned. Also, we will likely opt for being driven rather than fly o save some $$$. Thoughts, Fodors gurus?