Kenya/Tanzania Here we come!

Jun 28th, 2003, 05:46 PM
k
Original Poster

Kenya/Tanzania Here we come!

All packed and ready to go. We leave "Beer Country" tomorrow at noon and arrive in Arusha at 8:30pm Monday Night - their time. As you know we're doing the 2Afrika Grand combo which is Kenya and Tanz. and added 1 extra day in Arusha to get situated. We're already thinking about SA and Botsw. for next year. We only started planning this trip in May since our "dream trip" to China and Tibet was cancelled. Now this has become our Dream trip.
Dealing with Ken Hieber, CEO of 2Aftika has been sheer pleasure. I'm a kindergarten teacher and asked him if he could hook me up with a school that needed supplies and that I could visit. July 10th I will be meeting kids, parents tchrs and headmaster of a Masai school. How cool is that? I have crayons, markers, notebooks, waterpaints, bubbles and other goodies to give.
A duffel bag weighing 58 pounds full of goodies for kids. My only problem is that I am so hyper anyway and live my life in 20 minute segments. A 30 hour flight is hell, not just for me but for anyone seated near me. Wish us Godspeed and I'll have more after July 16th!!!!!!!
Kisses and hugs to all Fodor Friends!
Jun 28th, 2003, 05:50 PM
LizFrazier

I don't care how you act on the plane. I would be happy to sit next to you. Just get me there.
We've only heard good stuff about Ken and 2Afrika. Glad to hear more.
That school set up was pure genious. I would love to see the kids faces. How extremely generous of you. Godspeed! Liz

Search this Thread