Kenya/Tanzania Crossing

Apr 5th, 2003, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Kenya/Tanzania Crossing

We're planning a safari in July and August. We'll be starting in Kenya, then heading into Tanzania. When we cross over the border, what will be needed, Visa-wise? It'll just be my wife and I, plus a guide and driver/cook in a Landrover. We're American. Thanks.
Apr 5th, 2003, 06:53 PM

Hi darwinskye!

When we crossed the Namanga border, all that were checked were our passports and visa. We got our visas well in advance of our trip from the embassies in D.C. Had both within a months time. If you are going in July/August, you have ample time to get them before. If not, you can fill out visa forms at the border, but to avoid any problems that may arise, I would suggest you get them beforehand. By the way, if you mail your passports, make sure you insure them. Have a wonderful trip ... I wish I was going back in July/August!!
Apr 6th, 2003, 04:36 AM

It is almost trivial to get your visa at the border and not be bothered with the stress of getting it beforehand. There is one simple form to fill out and that, along with the $, is all they need to issue a visa on the spot. Very easy. (It takes them longer to clear your Guide through.)

Search this Thread