Kenya, Tanzania & Uganda Safari

Jul 17th, 1998, 08:54 PM
Elyne

Kenya, Tanzania & Uganda Safari

Please advise online or direct to me by email. Looking for recent info. on tour operators and guides on safaris. Want best experience with jiraffes, elephants and mountain gorillas (if Possible). Jan-Feb 1999. 3-4 weeks. Flying safari. Private reserves where appropriate. Anyone been lately. I have heard the political climate in Kenya has caused some embassey's to issue 'travel warnings'. Are there still lots of animals or is there noticeable depletion? Really want to go and have a great time. Looking for ideas and a good travel agent & guide. Please share you experience with me!!! Do I have to do a private safari?

Aug 13th, 1998, 04:29 PM
Carmeno

I am from Australia and have decided to tour Kenya, Tanzania & Uganda with a company from the UK called Phoenix Expeditions. My girlfriend was a tour leader with them for some time several years ago and they have a good reputation - and in comparison to others are quite cheap!

I will be doing a 4 week 'East African Wildlife' safari which covers visiting the Gorillas which I am really excited about! It departs 10 February, 1999.

Their e-mail address is [email protected] (mention me by the way - I may get a commission!).

Cheers,

Aug 27th, 1998, 12:49 PM
TC

My contact in Africa says that gorilla watching permits are very unreliable these days - given and taken away at the whim of local government officials. Many tour operators are withdrawing this programs from schedules next year. Do check out carefully. Would be a shame to trek to Uganda at great expense, only to have permits withdrawn at last minute. Check company's refund policy.

Search this Thread