Kenya Sustainable Agriculture Program

Apr 8th, 1999, 07:31 PM
Jessica

Kenya Sustainable Agriculture Program

An exciting opportunity...

KENYA SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE FIELD PROGRAM
July 5, 1999 - July 31, 1999

Global Service Corps (GSC), a project of Earth Island Institute, is initiating a Sustainable Agriculture Field Program in Eastern Kenya. Global Service Corps first began offering Kenya village-based programs in 1994 by teaching biointensive agriculture (BIA) to community members in the Mumias area of Kenya's Western Province. GSC is now planning to replicate this highly successful program in the Kibwezi area (in Kenya's Eastern Province) and is looking for participants with an interest in small-scale sustainable agriculture and local community development to assist with the development of this program.

The program begins with a two-day orientation and tour of Nairobi. GSC participants then travel to Kibwezi and attend a three-day biointensive agriculture training workshop. After the training, volunteers will be placed in homestays in Kibwezi for three weeks. Participants will also have the opportunity to visit local sustainable agriculture projects and women's groups in the Kibwezi area. The program will conclude with either a final celebration in Nairobi or a trip to one of Kenya's many celebrated game reserves.

To receive information about long-term volunteer opportunities, program fees, future sessions (October 1999 and beyond), and additional details, please contact:

GLOBAL SERVICE CORPS
300 Broadway, Suite 28
San Francisco, CA 94133
Phone: 415-788-3666 ext. 128
Email: [email protected]
http://www.globalservicecorps.org

Apr 22nd, 1999, 07:48 PM
Hotep

I'm involved with a non-profit that concentrates on community development, I would like to come to fields do you have any grants available?

Let me know and send prices and program literature

Hetepu
HNAlafia

Search this Thread