Kenya Safari suggestions

Jul 14th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Original Poster

Kenya Safari suggestions

We are planning an 8 day visit to Kenya in November prior to embarking on a cruise from Mombasa. I am interested in references for a tour/safari operator to arrange a visit for six people. Preiously, we have had terrific success with referals in Egypt and India from this message board. We're open to all suggestions. Thank you in advance.
Jul 14th, 2004, 09:23 PM

I just returned from East Kenya tonigt. My husband and I did a private safari thru SUN Trek Safari. I could not have been more pleased. Our trip was priceless!!! If you have any inguires please contact them and ask for Philomina. They are locally operated out of Nairobi. I was a little nervous about using a comany locally in Kenya. Actually I was horrified. But, it all went off as promised, from the meet and greet at the airport thru our departure. They have a beautiful office too. We spoke to a few people on safari and I was shocked what they paid for their trip. My husband and I decided we got the same trip for about 75% less than what others paid. Please keep in mind, All the safari companies go to the same lodges and take the same drives at the same time each day. I laughed when I saw their vans pull into the same lodge, and be the last on the site for a great photo opt. If you decide to book with Sun Trek request Chris as your guide. He has an egale eye for animals right under your nose "Lion" that we would have missed. Philomina is very professional and responds almost immeditaly. The comapny is very flexable and will accomadate any wish you may have. I give this this compant a "10" "A+" We also went to Mombassa for 8 days. Hold onto your wallet. Please tell them Katie and Marvin set you their way. JAMBO
Jul 15th, 2004, 08:20 AM

Hi:

I totally agree with Katie's and Marvin's glowing posting about Sun Trek Safaris (www.suntreksafaris.com).

We used them for our private safari in October '02 (so just the 2 of us with our driver/guide) and it was absoutely amazing.

In our case it was Sultana who we corresponded with on the planning (we did everything via e-mail, but as Katie pointed out it all went as promised), and Lawrence was our driver/guide (he had been a school teacher so could talk at many levels about the wildlife, culture, etc.).

Hope you have a great trip,

Z
Jul 15th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both. I wil definitely contact SunTrek Safari.

Search this Thread