Kenya - "Out of Africa" with A&K

Nov 12th, 2000, 04:50 PM
Nancy

Kenya - "Out of Africa" with A&K

Just returned 11/3/00 from a 2-week trip to Kenya and it was terrific. Abercrombie & Kent could not have done a better job. The trip I chose was called "Out of Africa" in which we flew between camps. Our guide, Wendy Corroyer, was the best. Ask for her. The permanent tented camps were luxurious, food was good, and we saw tons of animals - all I hoped for. I highly recommend it. I wish everyone could go just once. Sticking with just one country was definitely easier on the body and you got a better feel for the area.

If anyone would like a copy of my trip report I'd be happy to e-mail it to you. The trip was not cheap - around $8,000 including air but worth every penny. Also took the balloon ride over the Masai Mara which was extraordinary. It's a once in a lifetime trip. Does not compare to any other place and I've been to quite a few.

Nov 13th, 2000, 07:17 AM
Hans

Pretty amazing place isn't it. We went in June with A&K on their "Wings Over Kenya Trip" with their guide Ronnie Boy. Sounds like Ronnie was as great as Wendy. We startd in Nairobi at the Serena and then headed to Amboseli and the Totelis Camp then up to Samburu and the Intrepids camps then to the Mt. Kenya Safari Club and then to Olanana in the Mara. Wasn't Olanana spectacular? Oliver was our driver and he was great as was the entire camp--definitely a high point along with Totelis. Glad you had as good of a trip as we did!

Search this Thread