Kenya Hotels

Jan 24th, 2003, 04:09 AM
Irene

Kenya Hotels

Very worried about a report on the Travellers Tiwi Beach Hotel - Has anyone stayed there recently and can put my mind at rest

Jan 24th, 2003, 05:21 AM
Susan

Hi Irene. I have not stayed at the hotel you mentioned, but I checked a couple of my guide books and this is what "Lonely Planet East Africa" had to say about the hotel: "...on the northern bank of the Mwachema River. Huge and imposing, large mukuti-roofed barns and roost hundreds of package tourists." Then it gives info about rates. So, the book doesn't blast it, but doesn't go on about it either. The one in the same area that you are going that they did seem to like were Coral Cove Cottages and the Sand Island Beach Cottages. When planning our trip last year to Kenya and Tanzania, I found "Lonely Planet East Africa" to be very accurate about their comments on facilities we stayed at. If time allows, you may want to check out the other places mentioned. Good luck.

Jan 24th, 2003, 05:27 AM
Susan

Irene: It's me again. Just out of curiousity, I just checked to see if Coral Cove Cottages has a website and it does.
http://coralcove.tiwibeach.com
FYI

Search this Thread