Kenya-Ethiopia suggestions?

Mar 11th, 2016, 05:07 AM
Original Poster

Kenya-Ethiopia suggestions?

Hi Everyone,
We are so excited to start planning our trip back to Africa this summer. We are thinking of going to Ethiopia and and have the name of a guide that is highly recommended. If anyone has any suggestions though,we would love to hear them.
Additionally we are thinking of going to Kenya as the location makes it seem quite doable and we would like to see some big game. Any thoughts as to whether we fly to Addis first and then to Nairobi or how to make the transport? We are planning to go in August perhaps we will be able to see the migration! and we will have 16 days on the ground -wish we could have more! We really want to see the tribes in Ethiopia and some of the historic north-not sure what will need to be cut as we were at first thinking only to go to Ethiopia!
All advice is welcome. PS we are flying from New York
Thank you
Mar 15th, 2016, 11:16 AM

Hello Patrissimo,

Sure you will enjoy your African Trip to Ethiopia and Kenya.

Would approach the Flights' query this way:

i. Based on suitable timings and budget you are working-with, start by comparing the schedules and rates for International Flights to both Addis Ababa(Ethiopia) and Nairobi (Kenya).

ii. It's highly recommended you fly between Ethiopia and Kenya. The two main Airlines that serve the Ethiopia/Kenya route with direct flights are:

www.kenya-airways.com
www.ethiopianairlines.com

After you review the 2 points above, you should be able to settle on your most preferred Airport to fly-to from New York and regional Airline to connect to either of country.

For the Migration, August will be a good month and time to visit the Masai Mara in Kenya. There will be plenty in store for you and Game to see!

Trusting the above is helpful.
Mar 15th, 2016, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much. I will look into flights and i am certain will be back with more questions.
I also have tried to get in touch with Sandi from Africa Serendipity and have been unsuccessful. Does anyone have any updated contact information.
Thank you

Search this Thread