Search

For Okavango lovers

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2003, 08:39 AM
LizFrazier

For Okavango lovers

Good morning all. I was having withdrawal symptoms while Fodors was out to lunch, and had to connect somewhere. I found this page and want to share it with those who may have missed it.

http://www.wildlifetravel.net/africa...i%20update.htm

You should probably copy and paste this in your browser. Scroll down to "Getting intimate with the Okavango" and sit back and dream. Is surely equals the Serengeti and the Mara. Gina and SusanLynne- Next stop, Okavango! Of course Kavey is already there mentally. Or should I say 'always there'. tee hee. Liz

Old May 24th, 2003, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liz, did you see this movie "The animals are beautiful people too?" It is probably 15 years old but it shows Okavango and is funny with a great music.
If you ever want to e-mail me directly [email protected]. I always wanted to go to Okavango but once I went to Kenya. Well, you know how that works
Old May 24th, 2003, 10:26 AM
LizFrazier

Gina-
Thanks for the email address. I will place it in my address book for when I plan our ladies get together somewhere in the world. I will probably announce it on Kavey's thread "if you had a ton of money". haha. Liz

Old May 24th, 2003, 11:32 AM
LizFrazier

Gina-
No I haven't heard of that movie. I did see "The Gods Must Be Crazy" about that time. I thought it was soooo funny. I think I saw it 4 times. Was "The Animals" shot in Africa? Liz

Old May 24th, 2003, 01:15 PM

It was made by the same group of people, Liz. I taped it from HBO when I still lived in Manhattan (it seems so long ago) and I saw it many times. If you can rent it you will see all animals in Okavango Delta. Then you will really want to be in Africa. Yes, it was taped right there and... Well, I won't say anything more
Old May 24th, 2003, 03:09 PM

Old May 27th, 2003, 01:53 PM

Just read Richard Field's report on his mokoro trip from Xigera.
All I can say is WOW!
How am I going to wait till June 2004?
WAIL!

Kavey
Old May 27th, 2003, 02:11 PM

WOW!
Just read the section called: The Queen of the Jungle? in the Feb-April 2003 Update.
Amazing!
Old May 27th, 2003, 03:51 PM

Kavey, you have ONLY 12 months to go. I know how it feels. We booked our last safari 11 months in advance.
Give us more details. I did not read this stuff.
Old May 28th, 2003, 12:09 AM

No I won't spoil it for you - and my summary couldn't do the reports justice as written by their original authors.
Go ahead and follow the links!

I booked the 2004 trip around January this year - it feels like a long time already! Another year is sooooo long!

Still we're going to Bordeaux for a couple of weeks soon and to Brugge for a long weekend, with friends I originally met here on Fodors, in October and there's a week in the UK with uni friends in September so I guess I have distractions arranged!
Old May 28th, 2003, 06:11 AM
LizFrazier

Kavey-
I had read that report and felt the same excitement. Strange how all of those memorable things happen at Xigera isn't it? Now thats where I would like to live.
I especially like how the weekly updates describe what happens during all of the different seasons all over South Africa.
Someone needs to tell Rocco about this because there is so much on Zambia there. Liz