Kenya &Tanzania

Oct 30th, 2002, 01:56 PM
schnurr

Kenya &Tanzania

Is July good for animals,weather??I read about Thomson&Roy Safaris --What about Tauck"s?/

Oct 30th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Liz Frazier

July on the Serengeti would be nice for the Wildebeest Migration in the Seronera Valley heading North as I recall. Put "wildebeest migration" into your search engine and the information will all come up.
I'd forget Thomson Safaris, go to Roy Safaris. I had a lot better luck with RS. Thomson Safaris was soo expensive, they wanted $500.00 to put their pencil to paper. I think they were afraid otherwise you'd go elsewhere when you got the quote. Just my personal experience, but it was an experience. I've never heard of Taucks in Africa, but I do know it is first class in the US. You really need a local guide for game, etc. in Africa. If Tauck has their own ground crews over there, they should be fine. They really cater to the older folks and they do a lot for them, i.e., carry their bags to ones rooms, etc. They charge a lot for it too. My husband and I are retired and that wouldn't bother us but we have been to Africa enough that we kind of know our way around and don't need that much attention.
Just as I see it. Liz

Nov 4th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Mike

Schnurr, Give Susan a call at Roy Safaris. All the others were way too expensive. As for viewing the animals, We went the last 2 weeks of Sept and 1st week of Oct. We saw all types of animals, most of which passed within a few feet of our van. Our guide had a great "knack" of putting us in the best viewing spot for lions, elephant, giraffe and other animals, so close that a giraffe actually "slimed" me while he ate from a tree. I observed the other companies "scurryiny" around trying to get a decent viewing point, and all the vans were packed with people. With Roy Safaris, we didn't have any problems what so ever.

Search this Thread