Nicole Victor

Kenya and......

I will be spending a month in Kenya (Dec.-Jan.) for
a school trip. As I will have approximately 10
days before the new semester begins, I am interested
in travelling to other areas of Africa. Any
recommendations on the easiest and best spot
after Kenya?
Namibia? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
Seychelles? Madagascar?
Please help!!! Thanks.

Aug 3rd, 1997, 09:32 AM
WILCO

You can visit Namibia (Windhoek, Swakopmund, Luderitz, Etosha National Park). Namibia is a stunning country and quite cheap. It is very desert-like. Kenya Airways should offer flights to Windhoek. You can also visit South Africa (Cape Town and Garden Route) DON'T EVEN THINK OF VISITING JOHANNESBURG!!!!! CRIME ..... An airline ticket from Johannesburg to Cape Town start at US$ 200 return on either South African Airways, British Airways or Sun Air. Zimbabwe is another stunning country. You can fly from Nairobi on Zimbabwe Express. You can also visit the fascinating MAlawi and Botswana. Scratch Mozambique, Madagascar, Zambia and Angola off your list - not very stable countries. Regards Wilco

Aug 21st, 1997, 07:49 AM
Rick Hodges

The Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater are just to the south in Tanzania. They are classics for wildlife viewing (we got within 10 meters of a lioness nursing her cubs, for instance) and very scenic, and close enough to get to by land, though flying would still be preferred. We also loved Zanzibar. Its a quaint and safe tropical island that is more Arab and Indian than anything else. We took the overnight train to from Nairobi to Mombasa and flew from there.

Aug 21st, 1997, 10:40 PM
B. Enright

Dear. Rick Hodges,

I am leaving for Kenya and Tanzania tomorrow. Hope to see all the great sites you did. Would look forward to chatting with you when I get back!I

Search this Thread