Kenya Airways to join Skyteam in 2006

Jun 9th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Kenya Airways to join Skyteam in 2006

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050609/dath013.html?.v=14

Along with Air Europa, Tarom and Copa, Kenya Airways will be joining Skyteam as associate airlines in 2006. I'm not sure what the 'associate' means but hopefully it will involve full ff integration and allow Delta Skymiles members to redeem award tickets on Kenya Airways flights. It would be great to have another choice of carrier and more award seats to East Africa!
Jun 9th, 2005, 02:44 PM

Patty, I wonder what associate means. I don't travel for work so never have bothered with FF, but I'd be thrilled if KQ started flying out of more airports or something. Probably too much to hope for.

I also noticed on another post that you thought Kenya Airways' website was down. I have never seen it up! Can't browse for fares, schedules, etc. I think you may just have to call.
Jun 9th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

Leely,
I think the 'associate' thing is something new that they're trying. I've never heard of this term before when referring to a Skyteam member.

I hope that as far as ff award redemption, they'll be treated just like any other full Skyteam member. That would open up a lot more destinations in Africa for award travel using Skymiles.

It's also possible that KQ would add more routes. There's speculation that they might start flying into US hubs of CO/DL/NW to connect with their domestic flights. But I think it's just speculation at this point.

It was the Air Kenya website that I noticed was down recently - it was completely down, just nothing at all. I've noticed this on other occasions too. Their site seems to do this from time to time.

I've used the Kenya Airways website to check schedules before but not fares, and sometimes I can't even get it to show schedules. But then sometimes it works again! Who knows?

Search this Thread