Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Kavey's leaving soon! (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/kaveys-leaving-soon-427756/)

SusanLynne May 2nd, 2004 05:49 PM

Kavey's leaving soon!

Hi Kavey!!! Call me selfish, but I wanted to be among the first - if not the first - to wish you well on your upcoming adventure. May 5, is it not? I wish you and Pete the adventure of a lifetime, I applaud you both for your romantic endeavor to renew your vows in your beloved Africa! Of course, we expect a picture or two of the ceremony in the photos you share with all of us. Have a wonderful, glorious trip, travel safely and know that you will be missed. I will anxiously await your posting. Bon Voyage Kavey!

Kavey May 3rd, 2004 01:30 AM

Aaaw thanks Susan, this is so sweet! I am indeed leaving on the 5th, so is Uh-Oh I think and Alison must be leaving shortly or already have left since all of us are meeting in Cape Town with Selwyn!

Thanks for the well wishes and willl report back when I get home!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Kavey

sandi May 3rd, 2004 04:00 AM

So many months of planning and thinking the time would never get here - and now it time. Have a wonderful time, take lots of pictures, especially "the vows" - we'll all be waiting to hear your stories. Bend an elbow for me when you're all with Selwyn. Travel Safe!

girlpolo33 May 3rd, 2004 07:17 AM

Kavey, have the best possible trip and I look forward to hearing all about it when you return! Thanks so much for sharing your impressions on Botswana, as they have been very helpful in planning my upcoming trip. Safe travels!

Celia May 3rd, 2004 08:44 AM

Kavey, best wishes as you renew your vows, and have a wonderful wonderful time, which I know you will.

Celia

blacktie May 3rd, 2004 10:16 AM

Kavey, just have a blast, and tell Mombo to stock up on the campari ... it won't be long, and I love a drink before lunch! Ask them if the tea dance is still on, or are they flying in the hip-hop DJ after all.

safarinut May 3rd, 2004 10:41 AM

Hi Kavey

Have a wonderful trip!

Hope you enjoy your stay in Berg en Dal. RSA,Botswana and Namibia all in one trip,well done!

Have a great time and travel safe.

welltraveledbrit May 3rd, 2004 11:03 AM

Kavey,
I hope you have a wonderful trip and really enjoy having the luxury of so much time. I love Namibia as I know you do too, what a wonderful setting for the renewal of your vows.

Do say hello to Selwyn, although I have never met or corresponded with him I greatly enjoy his comments on the board.

Bon Voyage.

sundowner May 3rd, 2004 11:50 AM

hey Kavey - I know you've been planning this trip forever and it's finally here! I'm glad it all came together and wish you and Pete a wonderful journey. I hope it turns out as dreamy as you've dreamed it to be!

Clematis May 3rd, 2004 12:08 PM

Kav, there's been a huge mistake! You have my ticket! It couldn't be yours coz you just came back from Africa! <jk>
Really, have a wonderful renewal of the vows - I think of the bush as the most romantic place in the world (we had our anniversary there). Can't wait to hear about your adventures. And see your photos!

divewop May 3rd, 2004 12:46 PM

Kavey,
What can I say that everyone else hasn't already?
What a dream holiday! Have an absolutely wonderful time and may you see all the critters you can possibly get your fill of.

I'm anxious to hear how the D70 works for you since I am torn between getting that one and the D100.
Safe travels!

Kavey May 4th, 2004 03:55 AM

Thank you thank you thank you!

Roccco May 4th, 2004 05:10 AM

Kavey,

Have an incredible time! While the term has been overused and is completely cliche, I really believe that you are about to have the trip of a lifetime. :)

Drop us a line from an internet cafe sometime in the middle of it all to let us know how it is going. :)

Kavey May 4th, 2004 06:34 AM

I will <i>try</i> and find an internet cafe every now and then but I know I won't have (or seek) access to the net for the last 3 weeks at least...

I promise I'll share photos... and the ones from last month too... when I get home.

Thanks for all the well wishes... they are really appreciated very much indeed.