Kairi Tours in Kenya

Mar 4th, 2001, 06:09 AM
Kelly

Kairi Tours in Kenya

Hello,

I am researching Kenya Safari options and came across Kairi Tours. Has anyone used them? They seem to offer a variety of options and I am considering their 10 day safari to Masai Mara, Lake Nakura/Naivasha, Amboseli and Tsavo East and West. Their price is $1330 for the luxury lodge option.

I am looking for something mid-range, not the Abercrombie and Kent luxury but not camping , do it yourself style either. If anyone has used this company I would love to hear about it, or any other mid range suggestions anyone has. Also any comments on the above parks, is it a good combination or would I do better with different places?

Thanks!
Kelly

Mar 5th, 2001, 03:31 PM
Bobby Grace (buck)

Kelly,
The trip you talk about sounds ok but don't forget you have air fare of from 1.000 and up depending on when you go and how far in advance you book. Why not get a tour with the all the details taken care of, transfers, hotel day rooms as most of the flights to Nairobi leave late at night. Also consider your safety in Nairobi getting around. We are going to Kenya on March 16th from San Francisco, via London. We have British Air all the way with stopovers in London which is the gateway to Kenya. There are some flights from Amsterdam also. Give a look at the Go Ahead Vacations web site , Kenya Safari, this is our third time to use them and they take good care of us at a moderate price. If you have more questions, feel free to ask, Buck

Mar 5th, 2001, 08:05 PM
Kelly

Thanks Buck!

I live in Paris, so hopefully the flight will be around $500 or so. I'll be sure to check that site, thanks!

Also, have you been to Tsavo? I read somewhere that you won't see that much, and I am wondering if Samburu, Baringo, or Bogoria would be better?

Thanks for your help,
Kelly

Mar 14th, 2001, 11:42 AM
Kim

I just returned from Kenya and I went to two of the game parks you mentioned. The Masai Mara is a must - we saw lots of animals right up close. You can see pretty much everything there. Nakuru is also a great park. Its small enough to be able to drive around the whole park in a day. They have at least 10 rhino there, so there's no problem sighting them. They also have a kazzilion flamingoes in their lake. For that reason, I would choose Nakuru over Bogoria. Bogoria's kind cool because its got some thermal activity with geysers and such, but the only animals there are flamingoes. Lake Naivasha is a separate location from Nakuru - probably a couple hours drive. If you go there, you should go out to Crescent Island. I didn't get out to the Island, but from standing on shore I could see giraffes on it. They have a few hippos in the Lake also.

Search this Thread