Namibia

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Namibia

I am interested in returning to Africa to visit Namibia and perhaps Botswana if time allows. Have been to Zimbabwe and South Africa - both spectacular.
Does anyone have a recommendation on tour companies? I do not have a lot of time to plan this myself so I need a company that can take care of things A to Z. Also, is there a best time of year to visit Namibia?
Any help is appreciated!
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 05:13 PM
JamesEOA

Happy to help
Check out the website and then feel free to call.

Old Sep 14th, 2004, 10:05 PM

Hi nvtravel,

I'm an American in Namibia and actually a tour operator here. Whether you want to use us or not, you can get some ideas of itineraries from our website: www.oipuka.com

As for the best time of year to travel here, it really depends on what you want to do. For visiting the coast (ie Swakopmund, Walvis Bay or the Skeleton Coast Camp), you'll have the nicest weather in summer (December/January through April). For seeing game, you generally have better viewing in the dry season (May/June through November) but we've often been in Etosha in January and still seen a lot then too. Also, if you want to go far north (ie to the Kunene River region in the northwest or the Caprivi region in the northeast), you could have problems during the rainy season (summer months) if there's flooding. From May through November you'll have no problem visiting those areas.

Really you can visit here year round and do most things, the only thing I would advise against is staying in Sossusvlei area in summer unless you stay at one of the two lodges there that have air conditioning because the temperatures can easily reach 38C+ (well over 110F).

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions. Kristin
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 05:34 AM

I visited Namibia in August 2002 and we used Cardboard Box travel agency, which I highly recommend. You can google them and check out their great website.
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

I appreciate all of your responses and information to get me started. Thanks much!