Search

Hotel In Jerusaleum

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel In Jerusaleum

We will be on a cruise in October and sadly I've waited too long to book a hotel in Jerusaleum. Would lke one under $150.00 if possible near The Wall or active area for the evening after a day of private touring.. and providing an Israeli breakfast. The Harmony is sold out..
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 10:18 AM

The Eldan hotel is conveniently located and a short walk to the Mamila Mall and the Jaffa Gate (it is located across the street from both the King David and the David Citadel hotels).

It is not a luxury hotel - it is comfortable, includes breakfast, however the rooms are small and basic - I believe it was rated 3*. The prices should be close to what you are looking for.
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Original Poster

Thank you... am in contact with three hotels and the Eldan now is one.
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 07:53 PM

The Jerusalem Inn is within comfortable walking distance from Jaffa Gate. It's reasonably priced, but 'service' is not included.

http://www.jerusalem-inn.com/english/

I've stayed there twice, my husband once, but he says he's never staying there again. I would. Can't beat the location for the money.
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Original Poster

Just chose the Montfiore.. will let you all know when we come b ack the first of November..
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 04:49 PM

We were on a first trip to Israel this May on a small group tour. We stayed at the Mount Zion Hotel and really liked it as it had so much character. Very close to the Old City. Here is their website: www.mountzion.co.il
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 10:52 PM

Mt. Zion Hotel is a lovely place with lots of character, however it is more expensive than the others mentioned.
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 04:42 AM

Harmony gets lots of good feedback because it is a relatively new hotel in a good location. Rooms however are on the small side. TA seems to give higher ratings for hotels that have more positive reviews--i.e. hotel A has 200 reviews and 90% are positive seems to earn a higher rating than hotel B which has 50 reviews and 90% are positive. The regular posters on TA seem to be very much enamored with Harmony--they constantly recommend it and you have a cycle. Personally, Harmony is good but not the super special property that one would think it is after reading TA.

Fair reporting: I've never stayed there but the year they opened I was able to get a tour of the property.
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 06:20 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Elkaz... The Harmony books immediately with cruisers and has been sold out for the particular date for monhs.. We have booked The Dan Hotel (cancelled the Montifiore)..not the Boutique, not the Panamorama but plain Dan.. its only for one night and acceptable to the other couple we are touring with and they have a Queen sized bed.. compared to a few of the others and is pretty much affordable.
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Wanted to add....that the recommendations from p eople on Fodors has always b een honest and I've taken many..
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 07:13 PM

The Dan --which I think will soon be called the Dan Jerusalem is a new property for the Dan chain. It is located near Hebrew U and Hadassah Hospital--on Mt. Scopus! It used to be the HYatt Regency and then just the REgency. Dan took it over in August.
Old Sep 11th, 2010, 03:14 PM

In Nov. we're taking a Trafalgar tour of Israel. Our 3 hotels will be the Dan Panorama Jerusalem, Dan Panorama Tel Aviv, and the Ein Gev Kibbutz Hotel. Has anyone stayed with any of them? Just curious what to expect.