Just returned from Israel/PA

Jun 18th, 2000, 11:33 AM
Caroline

Just returned from Israel/PA

Hi. I just returned from a marvelous 10 days visiting Jerusalem, Jericho, Dead Sea, Qumran, Tiberias, Sea of Galilee, Hula Valley, Golan Heights, Akka and Jaffa. Hired a sedan and driver for part. I also negotiated both bridges to Jordan and visited Amman to see friends there coming from Baghdad. Let me know if you have any q's I can help with and good luck with your trips! Caroline

Jun 19th, 2000, 02:54 PM
Lee

Hi Caroline,

I have tried everywhere to find out about the charge to leave Israel via the Allenby bridge. We will be crossing in Oct. and would like to know whether we will need cash or whether one can pay with a credit card. As we won't be returning to Israel we would like to use up all our Shekels in Jerusalem and don't like carrying too much cash.
Also do you have the name of the company (and driver if good) that you hired. We were originally going with a tour but have decided to wing it in Israel and Jordan. We had planned on hiring someone through our hotel in Israel. We have someone booked in Jordan - even picking us up at the bridge (thanks to a wonderful Fodor's Forum reader named Sheryl). It's always so much better to get first hand references.
Thanks very much for your help. Lee

Search this Thread