Reload this Page >

Best way to get to Turkey/Greece from Israel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2000, 10:35 AM
Vit

What is the best or least expensive way to go to Istanbul, Athens, Greek Islands from Israel...I'll be traveling in August

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 05:27 AM
Mike

Which Greek island? There are boats from Haifa to Cyprus (Greek Side)then Rhodes and on to Athens. I think they depart only once or twice a week. Unless you have a lot of time to kill and have a high tolerance for boredom, you should fly.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 08:02 AM
vit

Mike, thanks for your reply...I heard it may be tough to make flight arrangements from Israel...I heard that they only sell weekly packages (hotel+air) and for a flexible flight schedule one has to pay up quite a bit.. <BR>Did you hear anything about this? Shoul I make alla rrangemnts including island to island flights/ferry here in US, Israel, or Greece?

Old Jun 17th, 2000, 09:37 AM
Steve

I too am trying to get from Tel Aviv to <BR>Athens in early August. Travel people <BR>in the US advise booking Isreal-Greece <BR>travel while in either one of those countries. US agents don't have access to cheaper fares, since it's a 3rd country in the deal. An Israeli travel agent quoted me about $300 RT airfare for a several day trip.

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 07:49 AM
mike

Yes, I agree. book it all when you get to Israel.