Just Got Back from Egypt

Jan 13th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Original Poster

Just Got Back from Egypt

Just returned today from a 16-day trip to Egypt. Wat a wonderful and amazing country. We booked our trip with STI-Travel and couldn't ask for a more perfect trip. Our guides and drivers were wonderful.

We started out in Cario and stayed at the Grand Hyatt. Great hotel right on the Nile. Service was great. The Egyptian people are great. Couldn't do enough for us. We saw the Egyptian Museum, Old Cario, went to Alexandria for the day, pyramids, sound and light show, shopped, etc.

Abu Simbel is amazing. Don't miss it. It was well worth waking up at 2:15am to catch a 4:30am flight to see it. What an engineering marvel.

We spent the next 3 night on the Nile. Left from Aswan and and went to Luxor. Did the hot air balloon ride in Luxor. I would do it again. Great way to get an ariel view of Valley of the Kings.

From Luxor we went to Sharm El Sheirk for 4 nights. Great way to relax out of the city for a few days. We stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel. Great room with a sea view. We rented quads and went out into the desert for a sunset ride. We are from California and ride in Glamis. Different riding quad with camels near by. Also, went to St. Katherines Monestary.

As soon as I get my pictures up on WebShots I will post the link.

Jan 14th, 2006, 03:04 AM

booking a trip for late march... I am looking for a tour group.
How many people were in your tour?
How did you travel from location to location?
Any tips you can give me would be great!
My husband and 2 teenage kids will be traveling with us...
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

The tour was a private tour with my husband and myself. We always had a driver and a Egyptolgist with us. I would suggest you don't go with a bus full of other tourists. We were able to adjust things the way we wanted them along the way. We never had to wait for other people to go shopping or if they were late. We traveled by plane from Cario to Abu, then to Aswan. From Aswan we took the Nile Cruise to Luxor and from there we travelled by plane to Sharm. You can take the sleeper train from Cario to Aswan. Much less expensive.

After much research taking a private tour and taking a bus tour was not a whole lot of difference in price.

Search this Thread