Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Just back From Zimbabwe (Makololo) and Botswana (Mombo)

Just back From Zimbabwe (Makololo) and Botswana (Mombo)

Jan 17th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Original Poster

Just back From Zimbabwe (Makololo) and Botswana (Mombo)

hey guys,
just back home a few hours ago. i will be back with a full trip report and pics soon but just wanted to let everyone know we're back and to alleviate any doubts about visiting zimbabwe.

Makololo is amazing. the view from camp is right on par with mombo's in terms of game. we saw close to 20 different species of mammals from the camp alone at makololo including a pack of 8 wild dogs, herds of roan and sable antelope!!!

this is just a teaser but without question Zimbabwe is the best deal going for awesome wildlife. we paid less than $200/pppn and we had the entire camp to ourselves. are you kidding me? i'll be back.

i dont want to downplay mombo, bc the game their is unparalleled (as u will soon hear about and see), but i really want to push zim bc the people are extremely nice, the scenery and wildlife top notch and the guides as well.
Jan 17th, 2005, 12:58 PM

Woo hoo! Welcome home! Cannot WAIT to hear about the trip in more detail!

<IMPATIENT BOUNCE>
Jan 17th, 2005, 01:16 PM

Welcome back! Can't wait to read your trip report. I was thrilled to read that you saw wild dogs at Makalolo since we'll be there this September and are really hoping to see them.
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:24 PM

Bigcountry,

How is that trip report and photo album coming along?! Don't you know that some of us are holding our breath right now in anticipation???

While I am sure that Mombo was fabulous, I am especially interested in hearing more about Makalolo Plains. For those prices, I probably wouldn't mind spending a week there around this time next year!

(Waiting on pins and needles...)

Search this Thread